Frequent Contributor I
HeyEddie

RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

[ Edited ]

So, just got a RAP-109 for a client. I'm planning to configure it in "Instant" mode and the use the VPN tunnnel for access to corporate resources. 

I've been reviewing the configuration guide, but I don't see any documentation specific to the RAP-10x. Is there any documentation on how to configure this, or is it just a plain old IPSec tunnel setup on the controller?

Also, if it's in Instant mode and not configure as a traditional RAP do I need to whitelist it?

oh, yeah, do I need to upgrade the controller to 6.2 for this to work as a VPN endpoint, or is that only is I use it as a traditional RAP.

That's it. Any help would be appreciated. 

Eddie Forero
Marcus

Re: RAP-108/9 VPN tunnel to Controller

There are configs on both the IAP side and the controller.   The controller configuration is documented in the AOS 6.2 Users Guide Ch. 39 -- Instant AP VPN Support..

You will need AOS 6.2 on the controller.   There was an earlier version (6.1.3.1-rn), however, it was a very early and limited release.  I would use 6.2.

MVP
Michael_Clarke

I can't seem to get the ipsec tunnel to work.  GRE works fine though.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

Aruba ACCA, ACMP, ACMX #294
MVP
Michael_Clarke

Well I managed to get the ipsec part working now.  Didn't work no matter what I did, and in frustration I rebooted the Instant and then it worked.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

Aruba ACCA, ACMP, ACMX #294