cjoseph

Re: slow wireless speeds on ap 105

[ Edited ]

along5664 wrote:

Still running the same results. Uploads are still 2-3x faster...

Along5664 what did you change and where?

In most networks uploads vs. downloads are asymetrical due to buffering of traffic on the client side vs. buffering of traffic on the AP side.  This also could be happening at your gateway.  

In addition, wireless has much more contention than wired traffic, so the rates will be slower.  Is your client connected on the 5ghz side or the 2.4ghz side?

Contributor I
along5664

I have tried both 2.4 and 5.0ghz. note that there is only one wireless client on this ap as we are testing before we deploy into branch office. I do understand that wired will be faster, but I am only getting about 3-4mb/s on downloads and am getting between 12-15mb/s on uploads. I have tried several different laptops and devices and get the same results. The network this is using has only this one ap on it and one wired client, my computer, so not congested at all.

cjoseph

[ Edited ]

EDIT:

How is the controller connected to the network?  Did the controller port negotiate to the proper speed and duplex?  How about the access point and its own network port.  Do the network ports show any errors?

Did you enable dropping broadcasts on the Virtual AP like was suggested before?

New Contributor
jpvdingle

Are you still searching for a solution to this issue?

I saw your post and I just had to register as I might be able to help.

Aruba
jfernyc

Hi JP,

Thanks for registering on the forums... hope you find them helpful.

Please drop me an email on Monday and we can sync up to discuss the MPLS network configuration issues that were at the root of causing your speed issues earlier today.       I'll send you an email off-list and we can find a time that works for you.

Thx!   

Jason

Frequent Contributor I
Constantin

Another test that you could do it's to configure the traffic in split tunnel - through the tunnel you keep the DNS/Portal and any other type of traffic that needs to reach the Data Center - the rest put it to go through the local ISP line - and run the test again.'

Another question ... could you tell us the Download and Upload speeds at the Data center and to the remote branch ?

If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!
New Contributor
thewuzzles

We are implementing a new redesigned Aruba network and are also experiencing this issue.  We have older AP61 but are running 6.1.3.3 Aruba OS.

If our wireless clients connect to a outside "Linksys" AP they get full network bandwidth but if they connect to our SSIDs they get average of 1 Mb down / 9 Mb up.

We have multiple ISPs:

1)    9 Mb down / 9 Mb up

2)    20 Mb down / 6 Mb up

2)    200 Mb down / 200 Mb up

The clients get the same speed on any of the SSIDs and at this point we only have (1) AP connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ....

cjoseph

Thewuzzles,

There are quite a few factors that affect speed. If you open a tac case, they can go through your config and topology and advise you. We would only be guessing here...
MVP
NightShade1

[ Edited ]

Are you dong those test with internet testers? or you are doing TFTP or FTP transfers inside the WLAN(no internet BW test...)

If you are using internet tester i advice you not to test with that... test with a TFPT or FTP transfer and check out the Speed

Also as Collin said there could be many factors for it... we would be guessing we would need more imformation...

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp