Lync Over Aruba WiFi
This guide covers the design guidelines to deploy Lync on Aruba WLAN with mobility controllers and Aruba instant in a Campus and Distributed Enterprise environments. It covers RF Planning and Design guidelines, Network topology considerations, QoS guidelines, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Scalability guidelines for Lync deployment. It discusses both Lync on-prem and Lync online deployments with multi-site Lync architecture. This guide requires basic understanding of Lync architecture and advanced understanding of network topology and WLAN deployments.

DOWNLOAD

Version History
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎04-29-2015 10:10 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
Comments

Excellent document. Our partners in the UK very interested in this level of integration with Lync and this document will be very useful indeed

Thanks, Mike! You can always reach out to us if you need any help with your Lync Deployment needs.

MVP MVP

This is great!

My only gripe is having to request access to download the document in PDF format.  Why can't I just download it?

Hi there--so glad this doc is helpful to you!  We love getting feedback from our customers.

We are working on a solution that would allow you to directly download these docs as PDFs--in the meantime we hope there is not much of a delay for you to access the information as a PDF.

Thank you again,

Julia Ostrowski

Aruba Networks | Customer Advocacy

The solution would be to place it right on the website along with all the other Aruba VRDs. :-)

MVP MVP

Thanks Julia.

I thought I was waiting on approval to get the document in PDF format, but it appears as though my spam filter was just blocking the email with the link to download the VRD.  I have the PDF now so I'm happy!

I had the privilege of working with Ashu in the past on a Lync deployment and he provided us the tweaks found in this VRD before it existed.  It's great to finally see this information in a VRD with a lot of explanation for all customers to benefit from.  Great work, guys!

Thanks, Jay (thecompnerd)! Always a pleasure to work with you. You are one of our few customers who went All wireless office with Micorosoft Lync. We learnt a lot from your environment. Anytime, please give me a shout if you need any help with anything.

MVP MVP
Actually I would love to download this in PDF without the need to signup for slideshare. Any way to do that?
MVP MVP

Ashu, does the CSR suggested in this document need to be lowered?  It's currently 15 for 11ac APs, but as I understand it, setting the value this high is no longer suggested?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is this a frequent problem?

Request an official Aruba knowledge base article to be written by our experts.