Voice and Video

Contributor I

Vocera issues - Poor call quality

We have an SSID dedicated to Vocera badges (B1000 & B2000 b/g only)with WMM enabled. There are only 32 clients badges. Users are complaining of poor quality and dropped calls. I enabled voice real time analysis and I'm seeing jitter and dropped packets during calls.

We also have Ascom phones deployed on another SSID and no issues there whatsoever..so I'm thinking it's an issue with Vocera only.

Output of Real-Time Analysis is attached. Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Vocera issues - Poor call quality

We have an SSID dedicated to Vocera badges (B1000 & B2000 b/g only)with WMM enabled. There are only 32 clients badges. Users are complaining of poor quality and dropped calls. I enabled voice real time analysis and I'm seeing jitter and dropped packets during calls.

We also have Ascom phones deployed on another SSID and no issues there whatsoever..so I'm thinking it's an issue with Vocera only.

Output of Real-Time Analysis is attached. Thanks

What does your firewall policy for the role for the Vocera badges look like? (show rights ). When you do a "show datapath session table " do you see that call's traffic being prioritized (H flag)?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Vocera issues - Poor call quality

Attached are both firewall policy and datapath outputs for Vocera. I do see the H flag during Vocera calls, not sure what the "I - Deep inspect" means but I will do some reading to find out more info.

Firewall policy is simple, with the Vocera service being allowed and queue set to high. I see that the badges communicate with the servers on the wired network and there's no QoS in place for the wired side...but plenty of BW. I don't think QoS on the wired side is the issue since we also have Ascom phones on the wireless also communicating with the Ascom server on the wired network without any call quality issues.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: