Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

205h campus mode not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  205h campus mode not working

Posted Jul 29, 2016 02:15 PM

I have added a 205h to my 620 controller running 6.4 in campus mode.  i cant get it to pass traffic.  clients assiociate with it but its not relaalbe.  when I remove it and replace it with a 125 AP everything goes back smooth.  thoughts?

Small office BTW.  # 125's and the 620 controller

• 2.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:09 PM

Please make sure you are running 6.4.3.0 and above:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP205H.pdf

If you are running that, we need more details on your setup.

• 3.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:16 PM
    Spoiler
    I am running the latest 6.4 code..  just downloaded it.  is there a whitepapaer that I can follow on converting and setting up the IAP's to a controller?

what info do you need?

• 4.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:18 PM

Wait.  The Campus AP was converted from an IAP?  Does the regulatory domain of the IAP and the controller match?

• 5.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

Posted Jul 29, 2016 04:46 PM

Hmmm   didnt check.  i ran it standalone and it worked.  then i saw that I could hook it to my controller.. so I clicked on comvert to campus AP and put in my controller ip... when it connected I ran the AP wizzard and added it to my default group.  it rebooted and came up.  I could see AC clients connect but they struggled to pass traffic... very random mostly none was passed  IAP-205H

• 6.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 10:56 PM

Were you using encryption or authentication on that SSID?

• 7.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

Posted Jul 29, 2016 11:06 PM

WPA2-PSk   aes/tkip I think  :)   no web auth or captive

• 8.  RE: 205h campus mode not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2016 06:32 AM

Type "show ap database" to see if anything is wrong with that access point.

• 9.  RE: 205h campus mode not working
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2016 12:45 PM

So going off some things i was reading... I changed the aes/tkip to aes only and in the wizzard selected "compatable" mode and this resolved it.  now things connect smooth and speeds are fast...