Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930F Tunnel Node and Airwave

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  2930F Tunnel Node and Airwave

Posted Mar 28, 2018 05:51 AM

Hello All,

I am configuring Tunnel Node between 2930F and 7030 Controller.

This is for the purposes of forwarding DPI packet info to Airwave, much like APP RF.  The Controller is added in to Airwave

The first question:  Is this the right way to do it?  Or will adding the 2930 direct in to Airwave, and using AMON data be the answer?

Secondly:  on the 2930, I cannot add a client access port on VLAN 1 (which is the Customer's native desktop VLAN) in to the Tunnel node to Controller, because, as you would expect the VLAN 1 has the Management IP address for the Switch.

Is this correct?

Thank you 

Andy

• 2.  RE: 2930F Tunnel Node and Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 04:58 PM

Hi Andrew, 

Currently, in Airwave, you can see the client attached to the switch, and the client details in AppRF.  You can also glean this information from the controller.

Attached are screenshots from my lab setup showing what is visible from a tunneled client standpoint in Airwave and AppRF.

There is quite a bit of work and investigation being done to enhance this in Airwave.

As to the second point, if you're using  VLAN 1 for management traffic, you will indeed need a separate VLAN for tunneled client traffic.

Regards, 

Justin

• 3.  RE: 2930F Tunnel Node and Airwave

Posted Jun 11, 2018 05:21 AM

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply on this.

I have been working with Britto from TAC on this, and is now fixed.

Andy

• 4.  RE: 2930F Tunnel Node and Airwave

Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:58 AM

Hi andrew, i have the same goal as you mention earlier, i would like to tunnel wired traffic to 7030 controller, so we can view l7 traffic stat on airwave and apply firewall policies as we did on wireless,

just wondering how you manage to achieve that

thx before