Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.

Posted May 01, 2014 02:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

Background info:

1. AMP 7.7.9

2. MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB as trunk

3. I've seen an outside consultant able to add another MAS to our AMP (same cfg as (2) above)

4. Per (3) above, we ended up with two entries on AMP Devices List: [SWITCH200] and [SWITCH200-1]

5. Per (3) above, each of the two entries with the exact same IP (of course) but one says "Switch Role: Primary" and one says "Switch Role: Secondary"

6. Per (3) above, each of the two entries is pointing to a different MAC address, which I understand perfectly.

When I try to add another MAS I only have a single entry that says "Switch Role: Primary".  if I try to add another "device" with the same IP I end up with two entries of "Switch Role: Primary" and both are pointing to the same MAC address.

Am I missing something ?  I could be wrong but I thought AMP is capable to pull the MAS in question and knows and create two entries automatically !?

Thank you very much.

• 2.  RE: AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2014 05:27 PM

When you add a Stacked MAS to AMP, it should pull in the other members without any additional intervention as a result of an SNMP walk which identifies the other members. Can you verify that the other members are showing up active in "show stacking members".

Could you also provide details on the SNMP configuration of the MAS and its software version?

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.

Posted May 02, 2014 03:00 PM

Good day Madani,

Could you also provide details on the SNMP configuration of the MAS and its software version?

The MAS is ArubaS2500-48P and is on version 7.2.2.1.  What sort of SNMP configuration do you need and how do I obtain those information ?

Thanks again for getting back to me so promptly.

Regards,

/YC:yc

• 4.  RE: AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2014 03:03 PM

York,

In your SNMP config, you're not limiting any oids are you? If you copy out the "snmp-server" commands from the running-config, that would confirm it.

And in terms of the stacking members, in the CLI they are all showing up as active?

Best regards,

Madani

• 5.  RE: AMP 7.7.9 Trying To Add MAS 2500 /w 2x10GB.

Posted May 02, 2014 03:43 PM

And in terms of the stacking members, in the CLI they are all showing up as active?

You nailed it right on - somehow the "secondary" is not "active".  Thank you Madani.

Regards,

/YC:yc