Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:48 AM

Hello experts,

Just a question about adding AP's to IMC.

I have all my AP's (around 60) with DHCP address. Is it a problem to add them on the IMC with a DHCP address ? Do they need a static IP address ?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:18 AM

Are these controller-based APs, or Instant APS?  If they are Instant APs, you can set a Virtual-Controller-IP and that will be a static address that you could use to always reach the cluster at the same ip address:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/virtual-controller-ip.htm?Highlight=virtual controller ip

• 3.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:24 AM
      |   view attached

Hello,

they are controller-based.

I added the WLC, and I can see the fit-AP's.

But I have basically 2 issues.

- No way to get an alarm when an AP is down. I only get an alarm from the switch. I configured SNMP v3 and the trap receiver on the controller, but it does not solve the issue. On the IMC, I cannot see the trap destination, and if I try to configure it manually, it says the device in unpingable, or SNMP / SSH settings are not correct, but I'm sure that it is.

- When I add an AP on my topology, it's not shown on my map ...  

On my Location view I can see them but no way to see them on the map...

• 4.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:28 AM
    Traps only come from the WLC and not from the APs. Type "show SNMP trap-queue" on the controller to see the contents of the traps that are sent for whatever you are trying to trigger.

• 5.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:41 AM

The WLC can see the traps when an AP is down, but it is unable to send this information to the IMC.

• 6.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 11:49 AM

Did you setup the ip address of your IMC as a trap receiver on the controller in Configuration> Management> SNMP?

• 7.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Posted Apr 13, 2017 05:02 PM

Yes I did. 

Normally, the IMC's IP address should appear on the destination host in IMC, right ?

• 8.  RE: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 07:59 PM

I honestly have never setup Aruba on IMC, so I don't know about the IMC side of it....