Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - How to add a stack of 2920 switches

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave - How to add a stack of 2920 switches

Posted Dec 28, 2017 12:16 PM

Hi all,

Have some spare Airwave licences so was trying out Airwave management/monitoring of 2920s running the latest Aruba-branded firmware.  Works well!

Now, in production we have stacks, not individual switches and this is where by problems start.  With the individual switches I was manually adding them in Airwave and it was detecting the correct template for the switch.  With the stacks I just can't get it to detect anything and I don't know how to manually map atemplate to a device.

I just get a device added that is always down and config is never collected.

Any tips or suggestions please?

Thanks a lot.

Toby

PS: Airwave 8.2.3.1 - HPE_ArubaOS on switches WB.16.04.0008

• 2.  RE: Airwave - How to add a stack of 2920 switches
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 28, 2017 02:34 PM

Hi Toby,

This should be simular as adding a normal switch. Aruba has optimed switch management in the latest AirWave firmwares. I will advise to upgrade AirWave to the latest firmware (8.2.5.1).

Are you sure SNMP configured correctly (and allowed in the firewall(s)? Normally a device should up if ping is allowed and also if the device type is unknown. I think the traffic is not allowed from AirWave to the switches.

Willem

• 3.  RE: Airwave - How to add a stack of 2920 switches

Posted Dec 29, 2017 04:43 AM

Thanks Willem.

Having looked into it deeper it does appear to be an issue with traffic between AirWave and the switch stack - rather than a problem with AirWave or my process.