Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2540 and VSF

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2540 and VSF

Posted Oct 17, 2017 10:21 AM

AFAIK 2540 do not support stacking (another thread suggests to move to 2930F), but can you confirm che VSF is on the development roadmap for 2540? If so, do you have a feasible time window?

Moreover some 2930F support only SFP (and not SFP+), does it means that for stacking a 1Gb uplink will be used?

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2540 and VSF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:02 AM

Roadmap questions are unlikely to be answered in a public forum like this. You might ask if VSF will be supported on the 2540 to your Aruba Sales team or SE if you need an answer.

If you want to build a VSF, you likely want to get switches with 10Gbps to prevent bottle-necks on the uplink. Though I never tried it, according to the documentation (Switch Management and Configuration Guide) it appears that VSF stacking is supported on 1 or 10 Gbps ports.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2540 and VSF

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:09 AM
    Hi,

we have already tried to ask to sales with no answer, I have seen a previous post in this forum where an answer related to development roadmap of 2930F (implementing VSF on 16.04) has been given and therefore I tried to ask also for 2540 hoping someone can give us an answer.

I have seen 1G and 10G options for uplink but I agree that without SFP+ it is impossible to use some of the most common stacking functions such as port aggregation.

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Fioravanti
    IT Manager
    Polimoda - Villa Favard
    via Curtatone 1 50123 Firenze, Italia
    email. fabrizio.fioravanti@polimoda.com
    tel. +39 0552750682 +39 0557399682
    cell. +39 3466364799
    fax. +39 0552750720 +39 055700287

www.polimoda.com
    www.polimodamag.com
    Avviso di riservatezza - Il testo e gli eventuali documenti trasmessi contengono informazioni riservate al destinatario indicato. La seguente e-mail è confidenziale e la sua riservatezza è tutelata legalmente dalla legge 196/2003. La lettura, copia o altro uso non autorizzato o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente, ai numeri qui indicati e/o all'indirizzo dello stesso, e di provvedere immediatamente alla sua distruzione.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2540 and VSF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:07 PM

Hi Fabrizio, 

With regards to VSF support on the 2540 Switch Series, there are no current plans at this time to support VSF.

As to your query on the 2930F VSF, yes, on the models with only SFP ports, support VSF stacking on the SFP ports.  You can also use the copper ports for VSF links as well.  There are also multiple 2930F models with SFP+ ports which VSF can be used on those ports.

Regards, 

Justin

JUSTIN NOONAN
    TECHNICAL MARKETING ENGINEER – ARUBA CAMPUS TECHNOLOGIES
    O: +1 916 540 1748   |   justin.noonan@hpe.com

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747 USA