Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2930M - 10 Gbit issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2930M - 10 Gbit issue

Posted Nov 02, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi all,

I've got two 2930M switches with a 10 Gbit modules at the back.

I've connected on each switch a server with two 10 Gbit interfaces. When doing an iperf speed test, I get a maximum bandwith of 5 Gbit. That should be 10 Gbit? What could be the problem causing a half bandwith?

Kind regards,

Thomas

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2930M - 10 Gbit issue
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 02, 2017 10:28 AM

(re)Post also here so HPE Community users can help too.

A sanitized Aruba 2930M config could be helpful...also understanding how you logically connected (Teaming?) your Server NIC's ports and what OS is involved could help too in diagnose the issue.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 2930M - 10 Gbit issue
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 02, 2017 11:06 AM

Hello, I suggest you to (re)post also on HPE Community (right section to post for ArubaOS-Switch based switches is here) so also HPE Community users can give you an help.

A sanitized configuration of your Aruba 2930M and also of your Server NIC's ports (Are you using Teaming? if so...which type?) and OS it is running on...would help to better diagnose if there is a real issue and what it is.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 2930M - 10 Gbit issue

Posted Nov 02, 2017 01:55 PM
    Hi,

The config is really simple. Just 2 vlans, data & backup. 1 interface of server in data and one in backup. 1 uplink between switches.

Kind regards,