Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 5406R ZL2 after VSF enable then not support Module v2

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Aruba 5406R ZL2 after VSF enable then not support Module v2

Posted Apr 21, 2018 12:17 PM

Hi, I have aruba 5406R zl2 (J9850A) when I enable VSF then Module v2 not present , i have show running-config i found "no allow-v2-modules" but I cannot enter command "allow-v2-modules" then I have message "V3 modules cannot be changed to V2-compatibility mode when there are
    V3-specific configuration settings. Use the command 'show running-config
    v3-specific' to display the settings that must be changed before enabling
    V2 module support."

early VSF enable module v2 has present

how to enable V2 module support after VSF

thank you

• 2.  RE: Aruba 5406R ZL2 after VSF enable then not support Module v2

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 05:14 AM

Deploying VSF requires that involved Switches (two 5406R zl2 or two 5412R zl2):

1. will lose the second Management Module if they are equipped with (2nd MM must be put in Offline mode to avoid issues or, better, physically removed) on each VSF Member.
    2. must be configured to use v3 zl2 Modules only (no v2 zl Modules are admitted).
    3. must be configured to made them working in "v3-mode only" (so logically loosing any v2 zl Module eventually installed).

the requirements listed above are clearly stated and described on relevant VSF Configuration Guide(s).

• 3.  RE: Aruba 5406R ZL2 after VSF enable then not support Module v2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 12:55 PM

Greetings!

Points #2 and 3 by parnassus are correct — the VSF feature can only be used in v3-only mode, and mixed mode ('allow-v2-modules') cannot be enabled when a switch has VSF enabled.  See the note at the start of the Virtual Switching Framework chapter of the Management and Configuration Guide, page 603.