Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba 8320 and ArubaOS-CX - Experience

Hi all, we start to deploy some 8320 to our customers. The were shipped with OS-CX v10.000013. We are waiting for OS-CX v10.1. Has any deployed them yet? How were your experiences? After i quick look, i missed port speed and dupley/autoneg commands... Thanks and BRs André
Regular Contributor I

Re: Aruba 8320 and ArubaOS-CX - Experience

AFAIK ArubaOS-CX 10.1 is expected to be released this/next week (documents reported "Mid July") so it shouldn't be officially available yet to Aruba 8320/8400 customers.

Would be interesting to enter into the ArubaOS-CX world (coming from usual ArubaOS-Switch)...let we see if we are going to be lucky enough!

Aruba Employee

Hi Vestra and Panassus,

Yes, 10.01 is coming soon for the 8400 and 8320 platforms. We are in the final testing phase. It is looking good. Watch out especially for the new VSX feature.

Regards, Ruben.-

Ruben Iglesias
Regular Contributor I

Hello Ruben! that's great, thanks to @vincent.giles, he created the opportunity for us to be in touch with HPE Italy through our VAR to discuss about a possible VSX deployment with two Aruba 8320 and we're going to have a Web Conference late this week that will be held by with Jordi Garcia, Pre-Sales executive South Europe (scenario was briefly discussed here).

Thanks for all comments! 

I really hope that 10.1 with VSX arrives soon...

Today, i installed 2x 8320 at a customer.

Unfortunately one of the first steps failed: I configured a default gateway on the vrf management and this didn`t work. Same effect on both 8320. Solution: boot system. 

Today, we found out that you cannot assign ACLs to a VLAN-Interface.

You can only assign one (1) ingress (and no out) to a physical interface or to a lag group.

This is really annoying for a L3-Switch in this price class.

Hope 10.1 will bring this function...

Aruba Employee

Hello Vestra,

Such capability is on our roadmap.

Just one detail: egress ACL can be applied on routed physical interface.

Regards,

Vincent Giles

Aruba Employee

This is strange. For exmaple using such configration, I never saw this problem:

interface mgmt
no shutdown
ip static 10.136.1.235/24
default-gateway 10.136.1.1

Regards,

Vincent Giles

Regular Contributor II

Hi

I think that you should look at ACL at the access ports too. It is best to enforce security as close to the client as possible.

With ArubaOS-SW and downloadable user roles (DUR) all ACLs are managed in ClearPass and ‘pushed’ dynamically to the access port during port authentication.
For special purposes you can even get more security by using dynamic segmentation (tunneled node)

Hope this helps

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Regular Contributor I

ArubaOS-CX 10.01.0001 Release Notes can be found here.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: