Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

Posted Jun 13, 2018 06:31 AM

I have 2 switches connected via transceiver J9152D about 100m MMF OM2 fiber and mode conditioning patch cable. Via show interface transceiver detail you can read out the RX and TX values.
    I see there a RX values of about -8,5dBm. This value is lower than the value specified in the Aruba OS-CX Switch Transceiver Guide (March 2018).
    Does anyone have experience with LRM transceivers and similar results?
    In the lab, I have this only with patch cable set up and see the same values.

Regards

Hartmut

• 2.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2018 02:15 PM
    Hi

Which value do you use to compare with? Normally you will see a RX min and a RX max value. Your value should be in between those two. Less then RX min you will have no signal, more then RX max and you could damage the receiver.

Hope this helps

• 3.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

Posted Jun 14, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi Frank,

In the cli I see the actual value in mW and dBm. For example, RX Power 0.1460mW and -8.356 dBm. This value is significantly worse than the value for Receive power specified in the Aruba Guide. This can be found in the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide on page 25. There are listed for the LRM transceiver for RX -6.5 to +1.5 dBm.

Regards

Hartmut

• 4.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 06:10 AM
    Hi Hartmut,

Did you clean the fiber connectors before you started using them?

Did you measure the RX with a optical power meter? The RX value of the transceiver might not be 100% correct.

Which switch do you use? If the LRM 100% supported in it?

This value looks too low to give a good link!

• 5.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

Posted Jun 14, 2018 09:43 AM

Hi Frank,

I cleaned the patchpanel and patchcable.
    I have the RX values from the switch CLI (show interface transceiver detail). The switches are Aruba2930M and these switches support the LRM transceiver. But it may be that the RX values from the CLI are not completely correct. I will use a meter at the next opportunity.

Regards

Hartmut

• 6.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 12:00 PM
    Okay

Please let me know if you need more help.

• 7.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 02:19 PM

Hi Hartmut,

Are you seeing any errors on the interface? If not then mostlikely the RX value of the transceiver is not 100% correct.

• 8.  RE: Aruba LRM Transceiver J9152D

Posted Jun 15, 2018 12:40 AM

Hi Frank

I do not see any errors on the interface. The link is up and works fine.
    I had only the hope that someone else has had experience with the RX / TX values.

Regards

Hartmut