Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches

Posted May 02, 2013 07:06 AM

Hello All,

I am looking into deploying a new LAN Infrastructure using both Avaya ERS Switches and the Aruba MAS Switches.

The Avaya ERS Switches will functioning as the Core Switch while the Aruba MAS Switches will function as Distriubution/Access Switches.

I intend to use the Avaya MLT Solution to bundle up Ports back to the Aruba MAS Switches. I've been doing some research and it seems on the Aruba end, I will need to setup Port Channeling? Is this a correct assumption? Will Port Channeling on the Aruba MAS Switch be compatible with the Avaya MLT?

Otherwise, any recommendation on which path I should take?

Has anyone attempted this and confirmed this integration to be successful? Any Application Notes or Reference Guide will be highly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2013 08:08 AM

It looks like the Avaya ERS switches support standards-based LACP. You shouldn't have any issues setting up a port channel between the two.

The document is a bit dated, but it looks like they support it across their entire line.

http://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100093956

• 3.  RE: Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches

Posted May 02, 2013 08:24 AM

@cappalli wrote:

It looks like the Avaya ERS switches support standards-based LACP. You shouldn't have any issues setting up a port channel between the two.

The document is a bit dated, but it looks like they support it across their entire line.

Thanks Tim.

That's an option I'm considering. Might as well just deploy LACP then.

Thanks again!

• 4.  RE: Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches

Posted May 02, 2013 08:27 AM

@eosuorah wrote:

@cappalli wrote:

Thanks Tim.

That's an option I'm considering. Might as well just deploy LACP then.

Thanks again!

Hmm. Just reading further, it seems I can do Static Port Channel on the Aruba MAS rather than LACP. The reason I say so is because the Avaya MLT is built statically.

I will give that a shot first and then see if that works out with MLT.

• 5.  RE: Aruba MAS Switches vs Avaya ERS Switches
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2013 09:41 PM

The Aruba MAS Switch was configured with Port Channel and successfully integrated it to the Avaya ERS Switch via MLT.