Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba MSR4000 to an MST200 Mesh static route configuration issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba MSR4000 to an MST200 Mesh static route configuration issue

Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:38 AM

I was in the process of configuring OSPF routing using a wired gateway on each side of the mesh and discovered that OSPF on the MSR’s are limited and will not work with our OSPF design which is using NSSA (not so stubby area). So I moved on to static routing between the mesh points. Because of my limited experience with Aruba Mesh I’m now running into an issue with the dynamic nature of the AWR IP addressing. I can make my static routing work if I have the radio interface IP addressing on the destination source but if the radio's or channels change I get a different IP and my static routing breaks.

Does anyone have an example of how static routing would work between two mesh points with wired gateway on each side?

I can get it to work no problem if I add a IP route to the preferred radio link but the IP's are AWR dynamic and may change if rebooted so I loose my static routing between the Mesh points.

I’m trying to connect two building together with routing in between different IP Vlan’s and was hoping OSPF would work but no luck because of the nssa. Any help with static routing would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Aruba MSR4000 to an MST200 Mesh static route configuration issue

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:18 PM
      |   view attached

I have attached a pdf of my visio drawing. 

Attachment(s)

pdf
    MeshVisioinfo.pdf   160 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Aruba MSR4000 to an MST200 Mesh static route configuration issue

Posted Sep 02, 2016 11:55 AM
      |   view attached

Please take a look at my last pdf file. I have made changes and now I only have a AWR static routing issue on the MSR4000. Would like to know how to resolve static routing back to a MST200 via static routing using AWR. I can get it to work as long as I add the static routes after the Mesh comes up and I have the dynamic AWR IP's in place but once it reboots I get a new set of IP's over the Mesh links.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    MeshVisioinfo.pdf   157 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Aruba MSR4000 to an MST200 Mesh static route configuration issue
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2016 06:28 PM

After working with Aruba TAC I was able to figure out how to setup a layer 3 mesh. Please see attachment which explains how this can be done. This configuration is not documented by Aruba so I hope this helps others out there struggling with MSR layer 3 mesh configurations.