Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 04, 2018 04:00 AM

Hello all,

Probably a very silly question: is actually possible to select, as example, a range of Interfaces (or a list of specific Interfaces) and execute a permitted command against that range/list?

Specifically I want to change Interface Mode from Routed (Default) to Access and so I need to apply the no routing command to a range going from 1/1/1 to 1/1/47 on Aruba 8320...do I need to enter in each Interface Context and executre the no routing or can I select 1/1/1-1/1/47 and exectute the no routing command in one shot for them all?

Maybe it is simpler than I think...and I'm for sure missing something (<IFRANGE> or <PORT-LIST> instead of <IFNAME> as command option? if so how - and when (with which commands) - the <IFRANGE>/<PORT-LIST> is supposed to work?)...or should I work with the alias command?

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:08 PM

Hi Parnasus,

Today the interface rage is only available to apply access lists and policies: 

interface 1/1/3-1/1/6 apply access-list XYZ

Regards, Ruben.-

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:25 PM

Hello Ruben, yeah...I noticed...that was my fear (I add that it seems that ports list can be passed as an option on some ip igmp snooping and show/clear mvrp statistics related commands).

Is it on the roadmap to provide port-list as option on more - to me - common/recurring commands (interface/vlan related)?

Davide.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 06:52 PM

HI Davide,  Thank you for the feedback and understand the ask. We'll be looking to provide more range supporting commands in future software releases. Thanks!

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2019 03:57 AM

Just to make sure you got the information through the parnter webinar we organized. Range context is now supported for interfaces and VLANs in 10.3 release.

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 03, 2019 05:24 AM
    Hi Giles, I've got! The upgrade to ArubaOS-CX 10.3 is going to be my very next task. Thank you.