Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Frequent Contributor II

ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

Hello all,

Probably a very silly question: is actually possible to select, as example, a range of Interfaces (or a list of specific Interfaces) and execute a permitted command against that range/list?

Specifically I want to change Interface Mode from Routed (Default) to Access and so I need to apply the no routing command to a range going from 1/1/1 to 1/1/47 on Aruba 8320...do I need to enter in each Interface Context and executre the no routing or can I select 1/1/1-1/1/47 and exectute the no routing command in one shot for them all?

Maybe it is simpler than I think...and I'm for sure missing something (<IFRANGE> or <PORT-LIST> instead of <IFNAME> as command option? if so how - and when (with which commands) - the <IFRANGE>/<PORT-LIST> is supposed to work?)...or should I work with the alias command?

Aruba Employee

Re: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

Hi Parnasus,

Today the interface rage is only available to apply access lists and policies: 

interface 1/1/3-1/1/6 apply access-list XYZ

Regards, Ruben.-

Ruben Iglesias
Frequent Contributor II

Re: ArubaOS-CX 10.01 (or 10.00): executing a command against a range of interfaces

Hello Ruben, yeah...I noticed...that was my fear (I add that it seems that ports list can be passed as an option on some ip igmp snooping and show/clear mvrp statistics related commands).

Is it on the roadmap to provide port-list as option on more - to me - common/recurring commands (interface/vlan related)?

Davide.

Aruba Employee

HI Davide,  Thank you for the feedback and understand the ask. We'll be looking to provide more range supporting commands in future software releases. Thanks!

Scott Koster | Product Line Manager, Campus Switching Software
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: