Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Bandwidth Limitation per User Role

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Bandwidth Limitation per User Role

Posted Jul 04, 2013 12:11 PM

Hello All,

Can someone please let me know how I can change the bandwidth limitation per User Role on the MAS Switch?

(TYNPSWB2000) (config) #show right

RoleTable
    ---------
    Name                       ACL Bandwidth ACL List Type
    ----                               --- --------- -------- ----
    CaptivePortal-User 41 Up: No Limit,Dn: No Limit Tyndale-CP/

So for example, if I didn't want to give the "CaptivePortal-User" unlimited bandwidth, how can I go about this?

Tried revewing the MAS User Guide and I couldn't find anything.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

• 2.  RE: Bandwidth Limitation per User Role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2013 11:22 AM

Given the hardware based forwarding architecture of the Mobility Access Switch. You cannot apply bandwith limits in the same way as you would on the Mobility Controllers (software based forwarding). However you can apply a policer-profile to the user-role to limit their upload speed. You just add "policer-profile <policer-name> per-user" if you want each user to have a unique policer or leave off "per-user" if you want it per role.

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: Bandwidth Limitation per User Role

Posted Jul 06, 2013 08:36 AM

Does this also apply to Download speed as well? I see you mentioned only Upload.

• 4.  RE: Bandwidth Limitation per User Role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2013 07:55 PM

Policers are only appied on ingress not egress hence they affect upload versus download. You could potentially put a policer on the uplink assuming they could be identified (e.g. IP range) but it would police the aggregate of the guests not per guest.