Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Doubt about LACP trunking

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Doubt about LACP trunking

Posted Mar 06, 2018 10:46 AM

Hi experts,

I am going to configure a trunk between two swiches. I see I have some options, which is the difference between these two:

1. switch(config)# int 1-2 lacp {active | passive}

2. switch(config)# trunk 1-2 trk1 lacp

And for the second option, what lacp mode is going to be used? Active or passive? I have read the documentation but is not clear...

Many thanks,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Doubt about LACP trunking

Posted Mar 06, 2018 10:13 PM

Hi guys,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Doubt about LACP trunking

Posted Mar 07, 2018 05:58 AM

90% sure that using the "trunk" command creates an active LACP trunk.

Had the same thing come up recently and it seems to be active for us which is what we wanted

• 4.  RE: Doubt about LACP trunking

Posted Mar 07, 2018 07:44 AM
    Hi Samurite,

Yes I think the same, I have used the "trunk" command on both ends on the link for another implementation and the trunk came up, so the mode should be active. Anyway I would like to know the difference with the other command... Anyone who can shed light on this?

Regards,
    Julián

• 5.  RE: Doubt about LACP trunking
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:30 AM

The "Trunk" option is for creating a static LACP trunk to group fixed ports together in LACP mode. This will operate in active mode because there's no reason not to.

The "interface" option is for creating dynamic LACP trunks and could active or passive depending on your requirements

• 6.  RE: Doubt about LACP trunking

Posted Mar 07, 2018 08:42 AM
    Hi Samurite,

Yes, I have just read it in the configuration guide. It also says if you want a dynamic LACP to operate in a non-default VLAN you need enable GVRP and more configuration. I will use static LACP to make it more simple. Many thanks for your interest.

Regards,
    Julián