Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable VSF on production 5406R

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Enable VSF on production 5406R

Posted Apr 13, 2018 07:51 PM
    Hi,

I have a 5406R with v3 modules.
    I would like to add another using VSF. My problem is that the current one is in production, and I am wondering if I can enable VSF on this one as member 1, without risking factory reset or faulty configuration?

And then add the new one as member 2 afterwards.

Br
    Thomas

• 2.  RE: Enable VSF on production 5406R
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 01:21 PM

Greetings!

Enabling VSF on a 5406R chassis should not erase your configuration, or make any significant changes other than to update interface numbers to their VSF equivalents (e.g., A1, A2, A3 would become 1/A1, 1/A2, 1/A3, etc).  That said, I would always recommend making a backup of your switch configuration prior to enabling VSF (or making any other major configuration changes, for that matter). 

Be sure to review the VSF restrictions section of the Management and Configuration Guide (page 643) prior to enabling the feature on your switch.

• 3.  RE: Enable VSF on production 5406R

Posted Apr 23, 2018 04:15 AM

Hi Mathew,

The config stayed intact, however, a reboot was required but that was handled within a very small service wondow.

Br,

Thomas

• 4.  RE: Enable VSF on production 5406R

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 06:12 AM

Yeah, to enable VSF on first VSF Member, configuration save (physical interface(s) dedicated to VSF will be defaulted and placed in VSF Mode) and switch reboot are required (and so expected).