Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter

Posted Jan 25, 2018 05:45 AM

Dear all,

we have two datacenter with two 5400R zl2 in each datacenter as core, as we need a configuration with no SPOF.

With our current setup, we had connection errors. It looks like our setup ist not working as expected and the switches in each datacenter receive mac addresses within the same vlan from two uplinks.

I will attach two pictures. One with our current setup and a second one with "the only right solution?"

Who can tell if our setup should work or if it just works another way?

VSF is no option, because we have only v2 modules.

I think there is a solution, because HPE documents Distributed trunking overview shows a diagram, but no configuration example.

current-core.pngright-core.png

• 2.  RE: HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Simon, 

I don't know if you were able to get this running.

Attached is a configuration guide for DT, it contains some configuration examples and recommendations as well.

Thanks, 

Justin

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: HPE Aruba 5400R zl2 - Distributed Trunk - two datacenter
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2018 04:04 AM

Hi Justin,

thank you for the guide, but it looks like it was a bug. We opened a support case and HPE Aruba now addresses the issue by "The fix CR# 241657 has been released to support in KB.16.04.0013 and KB.16.05.0007". We currently have not upgraded the firmware, but as soon as possible we will do it and give feedback.

Thanks,

Simon