Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Lost password after upgrade to WB.16.03.003

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Lost password after upgrade to WB.16.03.003

Posted Feb 07, 2017 09:47 AM

Good afternoon everyone! 

I've got a strange problem that i cant seem to figure out.

last week i've updated 3x J9727A  Aruba 2920 24G POE+ Switches with the newly released WB.16.03.0003 firmware.

The switches already had a configuration with a local password and with radius authentication and it seems that after the update the local passwords are gone.

So i've tried the following:

- Reconfigure the password for the local administrator account from CLI and Menu.. No success

- Reboot switch.. No succes

- Remove password.. No success

i just keep getting a Username and Password request that is wrong, no matter what i type in. 

Now im wondering if i'm doing anything wrong or that this is a bug or something. 

Because the radius authentication still works, so i can still login with those credentials.

Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Lost password after upgrade to WB.16.03.003
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 08, 2017 06:21 AM

I tested this on our 2920 switches. Connecting to the console port I could logon as local manager without problems. Connecting using SSH I guess depends on your aaa config, if it tries Radius first or local first. If you've put Radius first it is my understanding that it will try Radius authentication as long as one of the Radius servers in the server group is alive and only revert to local authentication if all Radius server are unreachable.

This is our aaa config:

aaa authentication console login local
    aaa authentication console enable local
    aaa authentication web login radius server-group "ClearPass" local
    aaa authentication web enable radius server-group "ClearPass" local
    aaa authentication ssh login radius server-group "ClearPass" local
    aaa authentication ssh enable radius server-group "ClearPass" local

• 3.  RE: Lost password after upgrade to WB.16.03.003

Posted Feb 08, 2017 07:35 AM

Thanks, i actually tested it by removing the radius service for a moment and than the local password worked.