Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAB on aruba/HPE switch

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  MAB on aruba/HPE switch

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:40 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to get MAB to work on the switch running 16.03 version with ClearPass. I've done it many many times with cisco switches but I'm no clear on what configs are required on aruba switches. I've used the aes solution but still no luck.

Researched old HPE documentation and here is how a port is configured:

Global config on the switch

radius-server host 10.55.55.5 key "xxxx"
    radius-server host 10.55.55.5 dyn-authorization

aaa port-access authenticator B9

aaa port-access mac-base B9

aaa port-access B9

aaa port-access B9 mixed

interface B9
       untagged vlan 499
       aaa port-access authenticator
       aaa port-access authenticator client-limit 5
       aaa port-access mac-based
       spanning-tree admin-edge-port
       spanning-tree bpdu-protection
       exit

Vlan 499 has an interface ip with a helper address of my clearpass for profiling (which is working fine).

My service has profiling enabled on it with [HPE bounce-host-port] as an action. The problem here is that the bounce host port take place but PoE is still there and the VoIP phone does not loos power. They still on the port with DHCP timed out.

Anyways, has anyone done MAB for VoIP with these switches and ClearPass? am I on the right track?

• 2.  RE: MAB on aruba/HPE switch

• 3.  RE: MAB on aruba/HPE switch

Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:21 PM

Thanks.

My phones gets profiled but I don't see the [HPE bounce-host-port] getting triggered.

If I send coa to a client laptop to bounce the port, it works fine. but through the policy it is not happening.