Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS: Renumber switch stack

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  MAS: Renumber switch stack

Posted Oct 25, 2016 09:49 AM

I need to renumber several SMs in a switch stack.  Before doing so, I'd like to understand what happens to the ports on those switches.  Will the ports lose their configuration and need to be re-applied to their interface group?  Will the interface group automatically update with the new port #s?

• 2.  RE: MAS: Renumber switch stack
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 01, 2016 09:01 AM

After renumbering the switch stack, I have the answer to my question.

When renumbering stack members, the interfaces applied to the interface groups do not automatically change/move to follow the new number of the stack member.  The ports stay applied to the interface groups.

If renumbering a stack member to a number that didn't previously exist, the ports on that switch will change to a default config.  You'll have to add the ports back to the interface groups they previously belonged to. 

Moral of the story is, plan ahead.  If renumbering multiple switches as I did, be prepared to clean up (remove) ports from interface groups and reapply them using the updated stack member #s.