Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

Posted Nov 14, 2015 10:48 AM
    Hi.
    I followed the steps on how to get the s1500 to start the GUI Quick Setup, but it is not accessible. I have the proper ip on the client. I have performed this a few times as I move to all MAS, so I know the proper lights are on, to show that switch is in dchp mode. can anyone suggest a work around, or solution, that would allow me to get to the GUI?
    thank you.
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 12:53 PM
      |   view attached

I attached the quickstart guide and pasted in the steps.  Which step is not working? :

1. Power On and boot the Mobility Access Switch.

2. Connect a client device (such as a laptop) to the Mobility Access Switch using any Ethernet port in the front. Ensure that DHCP is enabled on the client device and that it is not connected to any other network.

3. For the S2500 and S3500 Mobility Access Switch, perform the following steps:

1. Press the LCD Menu button until Maintenance is selected.

2. Press the LCD Enter button to enter the Maintenance menu.

3. Press the LCD Menu button until GUI Quick Setup is selected.

4. Press the LCD Enter button to activate the GUI Quick Setup mode. Quick-setup invoked... appears on the LCD screen.

4. For the S1500 Mobility Access Switch, press and hold the MODE button for 10 seconds or until the four mode status LEDs turn solid green to activate the GUI Quick Setup mode.

You must complete the WebUI Startup Wizard within 10 minutes of invoking GUI Quick-setup mode, else the Mobility Access Switch no longer functions as a DHCP server; you must begin the process again. The timer in the top right corner of the WebUI displays the time remaining.

5. Confirm that the client device has the IP address in the following range 172.16.0.[1-253] and the DHCP server has the IP address 172.16.0.254.

6. Open a web browser and enter 172.16.0.254 into the address bar to launch the WebUI Startup Wizard. Follow the on-screen prompts to fill in the required fields to complete the configuration

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

Posted Nov 14, 2015 01:48 PM
    Hi cioseph.
    I followed those steps, originally, but it doesn't work. One of my team defaulted the switch. Since then, we are unable to get the Gui quick start up. The switch works, it seems to be void of the configuration that we had in it, but there is no way to set it up with an ip to interface with it. I hold in the mode button and the 4 lights light up. I setup the laptop with 172.16.0.x/ 255.255.255.0, with no positive results. I see the port lights flashing, as if it is interacting with the switch. thanks for your input!

• 4.  RE: MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 04:38 PM

How long do you wait after step#4

• 5.  RE: MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

Posted Nov 14, 2015 05:15 PM
    I attempt it immediately and try for quite awhile. I know it has about a 10 minute window to complete the processes. Though, I haven't really timed it, I'm pretty sure it lasts much longer. Maybe I'll try the management console.

• 6.  RE: MAS S1500 GUI Quick Setup not working.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 05:17 PM

That would be the best move.  The quickstart menu should work 100%, but when you cannot make it work the console is the best move.