Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum number of username for local access

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Maximum number of username for local access

Posted Apr 08, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi,

I know that we can create different name for manager/operator access for ArubaOS16.05. But the guide didn't specify the maximum number of username that can be created? Is there a hard limit?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Maximum number of username for local access

Posted Apr 09, 2018 12:55 PM

I believe it's only 2.  Manager and Operator.  You can change the name of these two accounts, but I believe that is all you have for local access.

• 3.  RE: Maximum number of username for local access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 02:16 PM

Greetings!

There are two methods of creating local usernames and passwords on the ArubaOS-Switch platform.

The first is the 'password <manager | operator>' command, which (as noted) is limited to two accounts, which can be renamed.

The second is to use the 'aaa authentication local-user' command, which utilizes role-based access control (RBAC) to assign users to specific, customizable groups with different levels of management access.  We are checking with the engineering team to find out the maximum number of users this feature supports, but tests in our lab show that we support more than 64 local users.

• 4.  RE: Maximum number of username for local access
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 12:50 PM

After checking with engineering, the number we got back was 102 local users being the limit — the default 'manager' and 'operator' accounts, plus 100 role-based access control (RBAC) local users. (Note that the latter can be distributed amongst any number of predefined or custom user roles on the switch, up to a total of 100 accounts.)

• 5.  RE: Maximum number of username for local access

Posted Aug 18, 2018 01:53 AM

Hi, this local user have access to logon by web interface?