Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring 2930F switches

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Feb 14, 2018 11:06 AM

Hello,

We are installing some 2930F switches in a customer environment, they want all of them to be monitored via SNMP. I haven't been able to download the MIBs for this switch.

Basically, I need to check CPU, memory utilization and environmental variables like fans and temperature, is it possible? I see that the command "show system temperature" doesn't exist, so I can't even check it via CLI.

Could anyone lend a hand here, please?

#2930F

• 2.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Greetings!

SNMP MIBs can be downloaded from HPE Support (there's one MIB repository for the entire Aruba/HP switching lineup).  For the 2930F, that will cover CPU and memory utilization (as well as interface statistics and other common parameters); however, I do not believe this platform has (at present) environmental monitoring statistics accessible from either the CLI or SNMP.  I'll check with our team here to find out if there is any method of getting that info.

• 3.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Feb 16, 2018 02:49 AM

Hi Matthew

Thank you very much for the link, that will help a lot, I am still getting used to the HPE support website.

I'll try with those MIBs, I think it is what I needed.

Regards,

Dan

• 4.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:11 PM

i have guide config snmp, and airwave

• 5.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Mar 29, 2019 12:46 PM

Was there any update on the ability to monitor the hardware sensors on the 2930F's 16.08.01 still doesn't seem to provide basic statistics we should be getting from the HP mibs.

CPU Load, Free Memory,PSU,Temp,FAN state

TIA

• 6.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Mar 29, 2019 01:09 PM
    Yes, to monitor CPU and memory, you do it through the standard SNMP UIDs, however, my switches didn't have any fan or temperature sensors, in consequence, there is no way to monitor them.

• 7.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Mar 29, 2019 01:34 PM

The environmental values is what we are looking for.

Fan Status and POE usage are avaiable through the GUI, currently not via SNMP.

• 8.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 29, 2019 04:47 PM

You can use/look also API...

• 9.  RE: Monitoring 2930F switches

Posted Apr 25, 2019 12:52 PM

can you share oid you used for your switch?