Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to delete spanning tree commands

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Not able to delete spanning tree commands

Posted Jan 25, 2018 06:39 PM
      |   view attached

Hi guys,

Today I was doing some configuration with two 3810M switches in stack for testing. I enabled spanning tree and assign priority 0, but after a while a disabled spanning tree. But there are some commands that remain which are "spanning-tree priority 0" and "spanning-tree Trk1 priority 4" (the latter appeared after I configured a trunk, I don't know the reason). I issued commands like "no spanning-tree" or "spanning-tree disable" but the commands still remain. I have tried with the commands "no spanning-tree priority" or "no spanning-tree Trk" but they don't exist. I have also enable spanning tree and disable once more, with the same result.

What can I do? How can I get rid of them? I have attached some output.

Thanks in advance,

Julián

Attachment(s)

txt
    stp commands.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Not able to delete spanning tree commands

Posted Jan 26, 2018 07:37 AM

Hi guys,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Not able to delete spanning tree commands

Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:46 AM

I believe these settings will not be removed. But they will have no effect if STP is disabled.

• 4.  RE: Not able to delete spanning tree commands
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2018 12:11 PM

Hi John,

Looking at other post I have found that these commands can be removed returning to their default values, which are:

spanning-tree Trk1 priority 8

spanning-tree priority 8

I have typed this and the commands were removed.

Regards,

Julián