Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Route Management with IP-SLA

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Route Management with IP-SLA

Posted Feb 06, 2018 06:42 PM

Hi guys,

I need help to configure with IP-SLA help that a default route is propagated as long as the condition of the IP-SLA is fulfilled. Please someone tell me if this is possible in aruba computers, the model I am configuring is JL071A with version KB.16.02.0013. For more detail, I need to propagate the default route as long as the core switch has an internet connection.

I hope you can help me.
    Regards.

• 2.  RE: Route Management with IP-SLA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2018 01:45 AM

Hi, 

The IP-SLA purpose at Aruba switches is for helps administrators collect information about network performance in real time.

The IP SLA feature provides:

• Application-aware monitoring that simulates actual protocol packets.

• Predictable measures that aid in ease of deployment and help with assessment of existing network performance.

• Accurate measures of delay and packet loss for time-sensitive applications.

• End-to-end measurements to represent actual user experience.

There is some IP-SLA where you can take action if some threshold is crossed an they are:

• trap: Send snmp-trap when configured threshold is hit.

• log: Only log the event when configured threshold is hit.

• trap-log: Send snmp-trap and log the event when configured threshold is hit.

• none: Take no action.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00038741en_us-1.pdf

According to what are you asking for is currently not possible by the switch alone. We encourage to use dynamic routing by OSPF.

• 3.  RE: Route Management with IP-SLA

Posted Dec 05, 2019 08:39 AM

This is really easy on Cisco switches and has been an available feature in IOS for years - it's basically causing me quite a bit of grief that there is no way on ArubaOS to do this on the switch and no available examples for setting up "dynamic routing by OSPF" on ArubaOS to deal with this limitation.

I have raised a Feature Request for exactly this: The Feature Request ID is: SWITCH-I-336