Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Securing your ArubaOS-Switch devices

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Securing your ArubaOS-Switch devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2016 04:41 PM

For any network administrator, securing your network in today's multifaceted threat environment is of paramount concern, and this starts with securing access to the infrastructure itself.  We have recently updated our Access Security Guide for ArubaOS-Switch devices, which includes in-depth information on topics from front panel security and encrypting local credentials to configuring MACsec and RADIUS/TACACS+ authentication and accounting.

The latest versions of this guide are available for:

• 2.  RE: Securing your ArubaOS-Switch devices

Posted Oct 14, 2020 09:24 AM
    Just wanna ask
    The following two commands will disable the front-panel buttons:
    # no front-panel-security password-clear
    # no front-panel-security factory-reset

Let say an administrator set that before leaving company without notice

?
    1. How can I disable that if I can't do anything from the front panel
    Do I need to set jumper on my 2530 switch? 
    Please fix link above. most of it dead link

tq

• 3.  RE: Securing your ArubaOS-Switch devices

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 14, 2020 08:40 PM

Hi! those commands could be used to provide an additional layer of "physical security" to the access security concepts around the switch...they weren't engineered to avoid any other (legitimate, if done by authorized personnel in a controlled way) logging method for that switch (say CLI via Serial Port on the front panel, as example)...indeed they just disable the possibility for a user to (a) clear the password and/or (b) perform a factory reset...they don't avoid you to connect to Serial Console, as example...so I don't see the problem (or the problem is really that the person who left the company changed any user's login password too after enabling those commands kicking you off completely?)