Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Serial Number Help

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Serial Number Help

Posted Apr 03, 2018 12:32 PM

Is there a way to get serial numbers from switches using ClearPass or Mobility Manager or AirWave?

• 2.  RE: Serial Number Help
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:09 PM
    Hi if are devices support in airwave yes, you can see the serial number. regards. Ángel de la Encarnación ACMP, ACCP, ACDX #544

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Serial Number Help

Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:32 PM

Thank you very much Angel.  I see the reports in there.  Is there one report that shows the S/N and model?  I have taken a look at a few of these reports and I can't find one that will give me the S/N.  I can do without the model, but S/N would be great!!

• 4.  RE: Serial Number Help
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 02:47 PM

Greetings!

It is fairly straightforward to create a custom report that displays basic device info, including device name, type, model, and serial number.

In your AirWave instance, browse to Reports -> Definitions, then add a new report definition.  Give your new report a useful description (e.g., "Device inventory with serial"), and choose the Custom type.

Under Custom Options -> Available Options, expand Inventory and drag the item Devices to the Selected Options box.

Next, under Report Restrictions, choose the desired group, folder, and device filter options. In the Devices section, uncheck all options except Name, Type, Model, and Device Serial.

Choose your desired scheduling, visibility, email, and export options, then click Add (or Add and Run).  

Browse to Reports -> Generated, and once your custom report has been generated, check the output to verify that it is what you are expecting. If not, return to your custom report definition and make sure the filter options are selected appropriately.

• 5.  RE: Serial Number Help

Posted Apr 03, 2018 03:19 PM

This is PERFECT!! Thank you very much!!!