Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Switch S3500

Posted Mar 26, 2014 06:52 PM

Hi All;

What is the difference between Interface Profile and Interface Group?

Can I unify a group of interfaces, configure a interface profile with many configurations, and apply this profile in this Interface Group? Just it?

Best Regards.

Valter Junior

• 2.  RE: Switch S3500
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2014 09:23 PM

An interface-group is a group of interfaces that you want to have the same configuration.

You apply interface-profiles either to an interface-group or individual interfaces.

For example, if you wanted all ports on the switch to be untrusted (require authentication) and provide PoE, you would configure an interface-group containing all of those ports and apply the configuration to the group (profiles).

Here's an example:

interface-group.PNG

• 3.  RE: Switch S3500

Posted Mar 27, 2014 08:14 AM

Awesome! Very clear!

Thank you

Valter Junior

• 4.  RE: Switch S3500

Posted May 19, 2014 05:50 PM

Tim,

I am about to ask a stupid question, despite what people say about them. How do you "apply" the said interface-group command? I find myself pouring over conf t trying to figure out how to enable a group of ports without going to the conf t > interface range command set.

• 5.  RE: Switch S3500

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2014 05:53 PM
    Inside the interface-group subconfig, use the apply-to command and then
    add, remove or just lost a group of ports. It behaves similar to a trunk
    configuration so be careful when making changes. (if you want to add a port
    to an existing group, make sure you use add otherwise you'll blow out the
    existing ports)