Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches

Posted Jun 09, 2014 01:38 PM

Hello,

I am curious if there is a way to similarly add QoS to wired connections. We have a VOIP Vlan as per a standard install. We do not use any Wireless VOIP technology and that seems to be what all the guides are based around.  

We have Mobility Switch 2500's that are the backbone of our network and a 7210 Controller. We just want to make sure call quality is something we take care of above internet traffic.

Switches are running 7.3.1 software

Controller is running 6.4.0.3 software

• 2.  RE: Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2014 01:58 PM
    Did you look at the VoIP MAS VRD?

• 3.  RE: Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches

Posted Jun 09, 2014 02:01 PM

.....like Tim said.....  :smileysurprised:

• 4.  RE: Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2014 02:00 PM

Have a look at the Voice over IP Deployment with MAS VRD: http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd/VoIPwMASAppNote/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

• 5.  RE: Wired VOIP using Mobility Switches

Posted Jun 09, 2014 02:02 PM

I did not see the VRD for it. I suppose because I was looking for Mobility Switch. I forget that their full name is Mobility Access Switch. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction as always!