Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:05 PM

mac.png

as picture shows ,how to remove this device from blacklist ,this it device connect through wifi and configure ip address statically.

• 2.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:35 PM

The blacklist information is generated by the IAP and the MAS just reacts to it. Can you elaborate why that MAC is associating off of what the IAP thinks is a rogue?

In AOS 7.4.0.0, you can change the rogue-ap-containment option to just log instead of filter or shutdown the port.

Best regards,

Madani

* EDITED - Should have been containment not enforcement

• 3.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:52 PM

mac1.png

as picture shows , port 0/0/24 connect to one iap134 ,port0/0/12 connect to one controller which this client connect through .this client and iap134 are both in same vlan .currently the mas version is 7.2.3.1 ,do I need to upgrade to 7.4 to solve this ?

• 4.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:58 PM

Ah, so you have a controller based WLAN and an Instnat based WLAN in the same domain. I assume this is just for testing? In the IAP, you can just disable the "MAS Integration" knob which is under the System preferences. Then it will stop telling the MAS about percieved rogues.

• 5.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

Posted Jan 14, 2015 10:07 PM

Nice ,problem solved .thanks.

• 6.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:37 PM

• 7.  RE: remove device for blacklist of mac-address-table in MAS switch

Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:42 PM

nope ,I am new to MAS switch ,I just configure some basic vlan ,trunk ,ip address on this switch.