Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

103H in HA failover

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 05:08 AM

Our network has Master-Local setup in HA mode, both controller are 7030 running in ArubaOS 6.4.2.3, an AP103-H is connected to the network. While trying out the HA fail-over, we are observing following sincenerios:

1. if AP103-H E0 and E1 are both connected in Tunnel mode, and both ports are set to untrusted, the failover smooth.

2. If AP103-H E0 an E1 are both connected in Tunnel mode, and one of the ports or both port are set to trusted mode, the AP103-H can failover to the master, but the client ip is not updated. We are using vlan pool, so the master and local have different vlan id with same vlan pool name.

3. if AP103-H E0 is in tunnel mode and E1 is in bridge mode, the HA failover failed.

So my question is, are these HA actions is expected?

In order for the AP103-H to work , do we have to use the untrusted tunnel mode in both E0 and E1 ports?

Thank you in advance for the insight.

regards,

Wilson

• 2.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 06:13 AM
    1- I suggest that you look into upgrading to a more recent 6.4.2.x code
    2- the ports profile shouldn;t have to be touched if the AP is configured in Campus mode / Tunnel

• 3.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 06:31 AM

Victor,

Thank you for answering.

The reason for us to touch port profile on AP103-H is that AP103-H E1 port is a down link port with allows a computer to be connected to it and hence connected to network via E0 port which is a uplink port to the network. The both ports in tunnel mode, all traffics are to be tunneled to the controller. We want to split the traffic and bypass the authentication for the traffic from E1. 

my last question is does the HA support the AP103-H in ethernet port bridge mode?

regards,

Wilson 

• 4.  RE: 103H in HA failover

• 5.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 06:56 AM

Dear Victor,

Thank you for the quick answer.

However,  my question is will HA support ethernet port in bridge mode. Our observation is that if the ethernet port is set in bridge mode, the HA failed.

regards,

Wilson

• 6.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 07:02 AM
    What you are saying is that when you a device connected to E1/Bridge the AP is not able to find the controller or the client not able to reach the network after failover ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
    Cell # : 781-686-4305

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 7.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 08:29 AM

Victor

What I mean is when the AP E1 is configured as Bridge, the AP is not able to HA to its partner i.e. master when the connection to the local controller is lost.

regards,

Wilson 

• 8.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 08:38 AM
    Is E0 configures in tunnel mode ?

• 9.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 15, 2015 08:42 AM

Yes, E0 is being configured as Tunnel.

• 10.  RE: 103H in HA failover

Posted Dec 16, 2015 07:51 AM
    Do you cpsec turned on ?

• 11.  RE: 103H in HA failover