Wireless Access

New Contributor

105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

I have 4 105 APs that have been re-used form another location.

I've installed these APs and my DHCP servers are showing an IP assigned to them, but I can only ping 1 of them.

After moving the non-pinagle ones to the same port that the one was working on I still cannot ping, and moving the working one to the other ports I am stilla ble to ping, so it doesn't seem to be the ports.

Any ideas?

New Contributor

Re: 105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

OK, all 4 AP's are responding now, BUT - when I do a continuous ping, they respond for about 30 seconds then timeout for about 30.

From where are pinging these devices ? From the switch (wired) or from wireless ?

What are using for DHCP server ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Kindly check the AP status by the command "show ap database" when we lose the ping back to the AP. It would be great if we have a more info on how these 4 AP`s are connected back to controller and find the master controller.

show datapath session table | include <ip address of the ap> would give us the AP`s traffic to determine and understand if we are losing GRE tunnel back to controller.

"show log system all" would also give you more info about the AP behavior as well. 

Did we get a chance to check the status of ap database and collect information as per previous comment to better help you on this.

Thank you.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: