Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

2.4GHz report trend

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  2.4GHz report trend

Posted Jan 17, 2017 01:10 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to create or view a report in either AirWave or onthe Controller that will show me some history in regards to clients on the 2.4Ghz band.  For example, if I could see a trend over a month and if I could see the types of devices that are using this band.  Thank you.

Roger

• 2.  RE: 2.4GHz report trend

Posted Jan 20, 2017 08:46 AM

Any ideas @rgin

• 3.  RE: 2.4GHz report trend
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:46 AM

If you're just eyeballing it, the RF Capacity page is pretty useful, but it is limited to a 24 hr view.

You're best bet would be to run a Client Session report, and make sure to include connection mode list and details, and then details for all sessions.  This way you can sort by connection mode.

For the 1 month part, you need to make sure that you're maintaining a months worth of data, otherwise it will only provide data points for the data that exists in the database.  Check AMP Setup -> General -> Historical Data Retention values for Client Associations and Inactive Clients.  These 2 settings determine how long client data is maintained in the database.