Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

2 Questions: Protect Windows Bridge | AD-HOC .. seems not working | Detect is enabled and working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2 Questions: Protect Windows Bridge | AD-HOC .. seems not working | Detect is enabled and working

Posted Feb 09, 2015 08:38 AM

Hi Guys,

Protect Windows Bridge .. seems not working in VER 6.4.2.3(4)  | Detect is enabled and working

Under the IDS profile:

Both are marked with V

Detect Windows Bridge

Protect Windows Bridge.

Under security - i can also see a deteaction,But i dont see any protect..i'am able to use the Bridge

1.PNG

2.PNG

Please advise.

(RFP MODULE INSTALLED and configured) **ATTACHED the profile itself**

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

-----------------------------

I just deployed aruba controller at one of my sites , and the client asked me to config the WIP module... i did it as alawyas - but , then i we check and notice that AD-HOC devices..even if they marked to be contained - are able to connect (iPhone6 ... keep changing his channles... and also Galaxy NOTE 3 teethring working even due it's marked to be contained)

Detect Ad-HOC is marked

and also Protect aginst ad-hoc + Enahched protection against AD-HOC..but still.

IS IT BECAUSE THAT IN THE ARM THE ROUGE AWARE IS DISABLED?

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: 2 Questions: Protect Windows Bridge | AD-HOC .. seems not working | Detect is enabled and working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:32 AM

Keep in mind that bridge protection happens on the wireless side and not the wire.

This is designed to stop clients that are connected to both your wired and wireless network at the same time. It sounds like you are trying to stop clients from using tethered connections?

• 3.  RE: 2 Questions: Protect Windows Bridge | AD-HOC .. seems not working | Detect is enabled and working

Posted Feb 09, 2015 10:53 AM
    I'm trying to Block iPhone & Google tethering and also to block Windows bridging ... ( i can see detection but it's seems no containment )

• 4.  RE: 2 Questions: Protect Windows Bridge | AD-HOC .. seems not working | Detect is enabled and working

Posted Feb 09, 2015 11:00 AM
    Seems like detection working.... but no wireless containment as needed...even due it's configured.

Wireless bridge - i took a laptop connected it to one of the Aruba SSID'S and the configured bridge to another LAN interface... detected but no containment

AD-HOC : iphone6 teethring + note3 tethering ..clients able to connect... the WIP taking a lot of time to notice it.