Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

Good morning,

I'm glad to be on Airhead comunity :) This is my first topic so I don't know if is correct or not. If not let me know :)

One of our customers, in Educational enviroment, has actually 2 LDAP servers and we deployed a 7020 controller with 4 WLANS and 3 of them use LDAP for network authentication. APs has the basic license ans controller too.

We have two open issues/requests:

- Windows laptops (W7, W8, W8.1) doesn't authenticate on wireless enviroment with LDAP.

- Our customer wants to avoid traffic done by personal equipment and wants to apply a mac address whitelist. There is a specific license to be applyed for this role? If yes is a controller license or AP's license. Can you give me the exact name of the license?

Thank you in advance

Sorin Atanasiu

Guru Elite

Re: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

Are you using captive portal or encryption on your SSID?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor I

We created a standard SSID with LDAP authentication. It wasn't activated any type of captive portal.

Guru Elite

Are you using encryption?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor I

No we didn't activated any encryption.

Guru Elite

You need to switch to radius instead of LDAP and your problems will go away.  If the user has a Windows server, it comes with a free version of NPS.  Here are instructions on how to configure it:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Step-by-Step-How-to-Configure-Microsoft-NPS-2008-Radius-Server/ta-p/80672

LDAP will not work out the box with Windows in this setup without installing software on all of your Windows devices.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: