Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics

Posted Apr 22, 2016 06:29 PM

We deployed 205Hs into one of our Residence Halls over Christmas Break, and I was curious if there were any kind of methods for reporting/statistics (usage, status, etc) that I could obtain from wired ports (Eth1, Eth2, and Eth3) - they are operating in bridge mode. The only information I've located is port speed, up/down status, and packets received/sent via - "show ap port status ap-name <>" for a single AP. We do utilize Airwave for monitoring but I've only been able to see port status, speed, and lan mac address of the individual port.

• 2.  RE: 205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2016 05:15 AM

Unfortunately I don't think that wired interface statistics are collected for access points in Airwave (at least I can't see it anywhere).

You can get that information on the commandline of the controller, however

show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap> | begin "Interface Information"

Screenshot 2016-04-23 at 04.14.32.png

I hope that helps...

• 3.  RE: 205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics

Posted Apr 26, 2016 10:42 AM

Thank you Colin, this does give me a few ideas for small sample sizes I can perform on a few floors in the Residence Halls. Thank you again!

Chris