Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

Posted Jun 20, 2016 05:54 PM

I 'm deploying a bunch of 225's and I've run across 4 AP's that won't work at 1 gig on the switch where I have them connected, only at 100 full. When they negotiate at 1 gig, the radios don't function at all. At 100 full, the radios work but ... I'm running at 100.

When I move them to another switch, they work fine so I have to think it's a configuration on the switch.

The catch is, I have other 225's on the same stack and they're fine. I've tried setting negotiation on the switch ports to auto, and 1 gig manual but no dice. The radios only light up at 100 . I have about 100 or so of these puppies to hang so if you have any idea how to resolve this, I'd appreciate it.

• 2.  RE: 225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2016 06:10 PM
    9/10 times, the cable is the problem.

• 3.  RE: 225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2016 09:00 PM

And you are not using injectors correct? If not, then I agree with Colin, bad cables.

• 4.  RE: 225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

Posted Jun 20, 2016 09:13 PM
    Have you tried a short patch cable to rule out the cabling or interference?

• 5.  RE: 225's only work at 100 full on a 1 gig switch

Posted Jun 29, 2016 06:06 PM

In this particular case, we had scheduled a switch replacement before I could hotwire the AP right to the switch. When we replaced the switch, everything worked as it should. The wierd thing is the switch had plenty of power to drive all its POE devices.

I have a couple more units behaving the same way on a different stack so I'll hook them up and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.