Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 08:58 AM
    Hi, In the progress of adding a new Controller to our infrastructure, a 3200XM. He will be used only for Remote AP's to get access to our corporate network. However, when trying to install a license for 8 RAP's I get a message saying that this controller does not support the use of RAP!!! At first I thought i made a typo in the activation pass-phrase, but it kept giving me the message. In the AP-installation menu, I only can add campus AP to a white-list, no RAP! Any ideas how to solve this? Already downloaded 6.2 and 6.3 OS, since it still has a 6.1 version on it., so will try that, but other suggestions are welcome!

• 2.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 09:00 AM
    Can you please share the message ?

The 3200XM does support RAPs

• 3.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2015 09:03 AM

The remote AP screen changed a bit and its kind of hidden.

rap.png

• 4.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 09:06 AM
    As of ArubaOS 5.x, there is no longer a RAP license. All APs use AP licenses, whether they are RAP or CAP. You will need to install AP licenses for the number of RAPs you want to support.

• 5.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 10:05 AM

EDIT:   oops, missed olino's post

Are you trying to install an pre 5.x "RAP" license vs. a post 5.x AP license?   There used to be RAP licenses that were different than AP licenses.  After version 5, all AP types use a standard AP license. 

• 6.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 01:33 PM

Thanks for all replies guys.  I talked with the Aruba Engineer I know and he explained the license issue too.  He will make an eval license to see if I can add that one and add RAP's to the whitelist.  He suggested to update to 6.3 (max, since I still have RAP-2 online (no longer supported starting 6.4 I was told).  Will let you know how that turned out.

thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

==========>  Je suis Charlie <========

• 7.  RE: 3200XM controller does not support RAP!! Why not? BRANDNEW!

Posted Jan 08, 2015 04:33 PM
    WHy not downgrade the controller to version 5, install the RAP license, update to version 6.1, license gets converted to AP license...