Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

6.2.0.2 Firewall

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  6.2.0.2 Firewall

Posted Feb 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Hello all!

So I installed 6.2.0.2 over the weekend and all seems to be working well from what I can tell.  No complaints yet.  

I've been playing around with the new Beta Firewall features.  I was curious is there is a way to create policy based on the applications listed?  I'd love to b able to shape some of the youtube traffic at our school.

Are the new firewall features simply for visibility or can you do more with the information?

Thanks!

Chad

• 2.  RE: 6.2.0.2 Firewall

Posted Feb 19, 2013 11:19 AM

As far as I know the AppRF feature is completely automatic and you can not configure it. Hope it will be configurable in later realases.

• 3.  RE: 6.2.0.2 Firewall

Posted Feb 19, 2013 11:29 AM

Interesting.  Well if it is doing something to help out then I'm okay with that too.  Anyone know what logic it uses to steer traffic?

• 4.  RE: 6.2.0.2 Firewall

Posted Feb 22, 2013 11:23 AM

We just installed 6.2.0.2 on our campus on Tuesday.  We found out that many of our users were getting blacklisted because by default in the global firewall settings, prohibit-ip-spoofing was turned on (upgrading from 6.1.3.5 - 6.2.0.2).  Be careful!!

Also, does anyone have good knowledge on the global firewall command: 'firewall shape-mcast'