Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

6.2.0.2 Firewall

Hello all!

So I installed 6.2.0.2 over the weekend and all seems to be working well from what I can tell.  No complaints yet.  

I've been playing around with the new Beta Firewall features.  I was curious is there is a way to create policy based on the applications listed?  I'd love to b able to shape some of the youtube traffic at our school.

Are the new firewall features simply for visibility or can you do more with the information?

Thanks!

Chad

Frequent Contributor II

Re: 6.2.0.2 Firewall

As far as I know the AppRF feature is completely automatic and you can not configure it. Hope it will be configurable in later realases.

Frequent Contributor II

Interesting.  Well if it is doing something to help out then I'm okay with that too.  Anyone know what logic it uses to steer traffic?

Contributor I

We just installed 6.2.0.2 on our campus on Tuesday.  We found out that many of our users were getting blacklisted because by default in the global firewall settings, prohibit-ip-spoofing was turned on (upgrading from 6.1.3.5 - 6.2.0.2).  Be careful!!

Also, does anyone have good knowledge on the global firewall command: 'firewall shape-mcast'

Colleen Szymanik
------------------------------------
University of Pennsylvania
Network Engineer
(215)573-2628
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: