Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

6.3.1.2 general stability

Anyone running 6.3.1.2 encounter any odd issues? We're planning to upgrade soon and would liek to know ahead of time if there will be any problems.

I know it spent a ton of time in pre-release and has undergone extensive testing (and aruba tends to release very solid code) but you never know till the dish hits the plate how it's going to taste.

Anything we shoudl know?

Thanks!

MVP

Re: 6.3.1.2 general stability

Well i see many users in here telling that its stable...

But i still got all my clients on 6.2.x(lastest code of that branch)

I dont really need something in the 6.3.x just yet.

I was considering the 6.3.x in a client becasue of the centrilized licenses, and with that i wouldnt need to buy twice for a redundancy but thats it...

As a personal view i will wait for more patches on the 6.3 before moving my clients to it.

But thats my own personal strategy.   You could get it and you might never encounter any issue, like other users that reported that is really stable!

Anyways just giving my 2 cents:)

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

We've been on 6.3.1.2 for about a month with no issues.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

r_harris wrote:

Anyone running 6.3.1.2 encounter any odd issues? We're planning to upgrade soon and would liek to know ahead of time if there will be any problems.

I know it spent a ton of time in pre-release and has undergone extensive testing (and aruba tends to release very solid code) but you never know till the dish hits the plate how it's going to taste.

Anything we shoudl know?

Thanks!

r_harris,

Just to turn this on its head, please let the list know why you want to upgrade to 6.3.1.2, whether it is a feature or a bug, and more people can speak to those specifically to give you a better level of comfort.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

primarily we need to support AP225s for a new construction, so 6.3.x.x is a must.

We're very excited about clentmatch and the general arm improvements.

MVP

Running 6.3.1.2 across both old and new controllers and APs with no noticeable issues.  In one environment I have Client Match enabled, and the other I've disabled it.  It's been a solid release for us.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Frequent Contributor I

We were forced to moved from 6.3.1.1 to 6.3.1.2 a few days ago due to STM bug caused about 500 AP's to reboot every 30 minutes after the upgrade everything is stable we are running about 1000 AP's stable so far. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: