Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

Posted Jan 09, 2014 01:50 PM

I recently upgraded a 6000 controller from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.2

I have uses complaining of disconnects while on the wireless now. They had been solid on the 6.1 firmware. 

Any gotcha's on signal qualty or RF that might be causing this ???

• 2.  RE: 6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

Posted Jan 09, 2014 01:57 PM

Well you should not upgrade to early deployment just to General Availability releases as they are stable releases that have been field tested

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Introducing-AOS-controller-software-categories/td-p/47524

I would recommend you a downgrade to 6.2.1.5

Or open a support case with tac to see whats going on.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: 6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2014 01:58 PM

Is it certain devices/operating systems or is it across the board?

• 4.  RE: 6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

Posted Jan 09, 2014 02:05 PM

Across the board...

I've turned off client match (new RF feature) thinking that might be it but no go.

I've also had issues with CSD override on the High-throughput Radio in the past and I just recently enable it. Waiting on customer to confirm if this has made a difference..

--honestly I'd love for someone to fully explain this "CSD override" option as I know it seemed to be a change that was made between 6.1 and 6.2 6.3 and going forward. 

• 5.  RE: 6.3.1.2 upgrade problems

Posted Jan 09, 2014 05:03 PM
    Try to disable ClientMatch and enable band steering and see if it's solve your issue.