Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

620 maximum PoE ports

Hi,

I am confused about the PoE ports on 620 controller. From the price list there is a 620 controller description that includes 4 PoE ports and has another 4 -10/100 ports and there is a part number LIC-4-POE. My question is how many PoE ports can be available in a  620 controller?. Then the others 4 10/100 ports can be used to connect 4 AP´s but with an external power?  Any help to clarify this issue will be appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: 620 maximum PoE ports

Only 4 are powered.  You can use power injectors to connect the others.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

All 620 controllers ship standard with the LIC-4-POE license.   That enables 4 ports of POE on the 620 controller.  The other 4 ports are always non-powered.  (e.g. 4 ports of POE is fixed on the 620 controller).

(if you are wondering why we have this part number... sufficed to say that there are some other legal and sales reasons for having the LIC-4-POE license, even though it ships standard at $0 cost on each 620 controller...)

You can hook APs with external power to the remaining 4 ports of the 620 controller, sure.

JF

MVP

What happens if you "write erase all", add the license for POE back to the controller and connect an access point on ports 0 to 3 and the AP does not power up.

Also if you navigate to controller -> licenses nothing shows up but if you type "show license", you see active licenses.

Any ideas?

To Note:

SInce this is a test controller, I have added the permanent POE license as well as some EVAL AP, PEFNG and RF Protect licenses.

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
New Contributor

if you typed "write erase all" you need ask this license to aruba seller... 

it was my case.. and now all is OK! 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: