Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

650 upgrade problem

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 04:03 PM

Hello, I have a 650 controller with version 6.3.1.3. I want to upgrade it to 6.3.1.4 but unfortunetly I can't upgrade it by selecetin Maintenance->Image Management->Local File because Local file option is not avaible for selection. And when I use TFTP server(a product of Solarwinds) and upgrade it via TFTP server option it says tftp: last timeout. I can see that controller sends read requests via wireshark but I couldn't figure out why I get such an error and can't select Local file option. I will be very happy if someone can help me out.

• 2.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 04:21 PM

Couple of things:

- Try another browser 

- CLI 

• 3.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 04:58 PM

I tried CLI and different browser. Also I tried after I rebooted controller to factory settings. After that I also tried usb and it says file couldn't found.

• 4.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2014 05:24 PM

i would recommend the Solarwinds SCP server.

• 5.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 05:40 PM

Still no luck:( Error is "ssh: connect to host 172.16.0.1 port 22: Connection timed out"

• 6.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 06:18 PM
    Try the following connect directly to the controller and make configure the port as an access port on VLAN 1 then assigned your laptop an IP within the same range of VLAN 1 and then use tftp32 and try one more time .

Also make sure your laptop or desktop firewall is not blocking the tftp connection or anything in between

• 7.  RE: 650 upgrade problem

Posted Mar 31, 2014 06:44 PM

I tried these before. Make sure my firewall on my laptop's operating system allows tftp server and tftpd32 also(I even manually opened udp port 69), shut down the firewall on agent for antivirus and ect.. Still no luck. The awkward thing is I can't load the OS from local file option. And any other options are not also working.

• 8.  RE: 650 upgrade problem
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2014 02:11 AM

From the laptop/desktop, can you ping,ssh or tftp to the controller? 

These issues are almost always the fault of the firewall on the laptop/desktop.  Don't just allow these ports, but completely disable the firewall and see if that works.