Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI

Posted Mar 07, 2013 02:33 PM
    Hey all, I am new to these devices. My boss just handed me a used one, I reset it in CLI via console cable, then when it booted, I connected my PC to it and ran through the setup wizard. I assigned it an ip address on my network and completed the setup process. I then walked the controller over to my server room and plugged it into the actual network so I could then configure it further from my desk via the web UI... the problem... It isn't pingable and I cant access it on the LAN and I have no idea why. All the IP settings appear correct. I have tried every port and am at a loss as to why its not showing up on the network...Do any of you have any ideas?

• 2.  RE: 651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI

Posted Mar 07, 2013 02:50 PM
    Interestingly enough, I bring it back to my desk, plug my console port in and provide power to the controller and its asking me the same initial questions...name it, give it an IP...wtf The WEB UI wizard already did this last time and completed, it "claims it reset and all was good....not the case though. Have any of you seen one of these controllers refuse to save settings?

• 3.  RE: 651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2013 02:53 PM

was there a chance you shut it down to move it before it finished its configuration on the reset?   run through the wizard, let it boot and come back up.  Then log in.   Then issue the halt command before you move it.

• 4.  RE: 651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI

Posted Mar 07, 2013 03:42 PM

I am an idiot, I must have shut it down before letting the configuration settings save.  When I brought it back up at my desk, I had to go through the initial settings again, this time I lleft it alone when it said rebooting and now I can browse the interface.  Thanks for the prompt replies all.

• 5.  RE: 651 Controller & Can't connect to webUI

Posted Mar 07, 2013 02:52 PM
    • did you happen to shut down all ports during the setup wizard?  
    • do you get a link light?  
    • is the port trusted?

When you console in, what do you get for the following:

show port status

show interface gigabitethernet 1/1 (or the port you are plugged into)

show ip interface brief

show vlan