Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

7200 series SFPs

How is the usage of the first two ports gi0/0/0 and gi0/0/1 chosen when switching between the SFP and the RJ45 - I recently had to install an SFP into slot 0 but this didn't work, so I had to plug the RJ45 back in. However plugging it into slot 1 worked. does anyone know why it did not work as expected. The configurations for both the first 2 ports were the same.

Guru Elite

Re: 7200 series SFPs

Please see how the ports are supposed to function in the 7200 installation guide here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/10377/Default.aspx

media.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

As per my original post, this did not work.

Guru Elite

MattF,

We can only answer your first question, because we don't have any details about your second question. 

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor II

Its simple - the copper works but the SFP doesn't. It could be a faulty port but I am asking if there are any other scenarios that would exhibit the same symptoms.

Guru Elite

What brand if SFP are you using?

Colin Joseph

Super Contributor II

I believe it was a HP.

Guru Elite

Please check the link to the installation guide above. Not all SFPs will work.

Colin Joseph

Super Contributor II

If that is the case I would not expect it to work in either of them.

Guru Elite

MattF,

This had nothing to do with logic, but everything to do with what has been tested to work.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: